An Attorney And A Law Firm Marked By Achievement, Service And Recognition
Founded by and led by lawyer Michael Jay Plata, Plata Law Group LLC exists to serve Newark area communities, businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals throughout the metro area, regionally and statewide. With nearly 20 years of experience, Mr. Plata has stood for professional excellence in all stages of his legal career. See a detailed summary of his background and distinguished qualifications through this link:
Get an overview of some of Plata Law Group LLC‘s signature complex business law and commercial litigation services by looking over this website.
An Award-Winning Lawyer And Professional
A dedicated litigator, counselor at law and educator, Mr. Plata has stood out in numerous respected positions and honors, including the following:
- Practitioner-in-Residence at Rutgers Law School, 2019
- Former president of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey (HBA-NJ), 2014-2015
- “Bergen County’s Top Lawyers for 2018” for commercial litigation
- Inclusion on New Jersey Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars and Super Lawyers lists for multiple years
- 2016 Professional Lawyer of the Year Award from the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law for the HBA-NJ
- Special Recognition Award at the 2015 Rutgers Law School Minority Student Program’s annual banquet
- 2015 Good Scout Leadership Award from the Northern New Jersey Council, Boy Scouts of America
- New Leaders of the Bar recognition by New Jersey Law Journal, 2015
- Keynote Speaker at the Boys to Leaders Foundation Young Latino Leadership Conference, 2013
- American Bar Association TIPS Leadership Academy, 2008-2009
Through his law practice, Mr. Plata promotes the integrity of area businesses and other organizations. He helps local business owners understand how to improve operations and comply with laws and regulations. His overarching purpose is to enable enterprises and nonprofits to meet their goals and thrive for the good of the community.
Available To Tackle Complex Legal Matters
Through Mr. Plata’s leadership, Plata Law Group LLC provides customized, effective counsel in a wide range of legal challenges for businesses, corporations and nonprofits, including human resource and regulatory compliance, corporate governance, cybersecurity, privacy, data protection, intellectual property, licensing, commercial transactions and mergers and acquisitions. Prior to founding Plata Law Group LLC, Mr. Plata was a partner at an Am Law 200 law firm and directed litigation in matters as diverse as environmental law, employment law, Section 1983 litigation, franchise law, licensing disputes, restrictive covenants, and insurance coverage disputes for several public entities and companies of all sizes. Mr. Plata utilizes his experience to prepare, educate, and ultimately empower current and future entrepreneurs and business owners to start, grow, expand, and transition their businesses with the law in mind.